- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices Texas toast
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 16 thin slices deli ham
- 4 slices red onion, optional
- 4 tablespoons ranch salad dressing
- 4 slices pepper Jack cheese
- Butter one side of each slice of Texas toast. On the unbuttered sides of four slices, layer cheddar cheese, half of the ham, onion if desired and remaining ham; spread with ranch dressing. Top with pepper Jack cheese and remaining toast, buttered side up.
- On a hot griddle, cook sandwiches for 3-4 minutes or until bottoms of sandwiches are browned. Carefully turn; cook 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Ham 'n' Jack Cheese
"I thought these were okay but I really did not like the ranch and onion flavors. I am going to use up the leftovers by making them with just the ham and cheeses and maybe some mustard."
"This is my husband's favorite sandwich. He loves the flavor and how filling it is."