- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices Texas toast
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 16 thin slices deli ham
- 4 slices red onion, optional
- 4 tablespoons prepared ranch salad dressing
- 4 slices pepper Jack cheese
- Butter one side of each slice of Texas toast. On the unbuttered sides of four slices, layer the cheddar cheese, half of the ham, onion if desired and remaining ham; spread with ranch dressing. Top with pepper Jack cheese and remaining toast, buttered side up.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Ham 'n' Jack Cheese
"I thought these were okay but I really did not like the ranch and onion flavors. I am going to use up the leftovers by making them with just the ham and cheeses and maybe some mustard."
"This is my husband's favorite sandwich. He loves the flavor and how filling it is."