Grilled Halibut Steaks Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 halibut or swordfish steaks, 1-inch thick
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; let stand for 30 minutes. Spread 1 tablespoon herbed butter over each halibut steak.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fish, butter side down, covered, over medium heat or broil, buttered side up, 4 in. from the heat for 5-1/2 minutes.
- 3. Spread 1 tablespoon herbed butter over each halibut steak; turn and spread with remaining butter. Grill or broil 5-6 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 756 calories, 43g fat (23g saturated fat), 223mg cholesterol, 1248mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 85g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Halibut Steaks
"I made this with Swordfish, which were about 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick. If do again with such thick portions, may pierce to let the butter penetrate. Great tasting, most of the butter dripped off on the grill so not as high in calorie as the recipe may say. Definitely do again!"
"The herbed butter in this recipe can be added to any fish while grilling and gives such a great taste it doesn't need anything else."