Change up this super tasty burger with your favorite toppings. Whip some mayo with hoisin sauce to add some extra tang! —Darla Andrews, Schertz, Texas
Recommended: 34 Incredible Burgers to Grill This Summer
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 bacon strips, cut in half
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground sirloin
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 baby bok choy, quartered and core removed
- 8 large eggs
- 8 potato hamburger buns, toasted
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium-low heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; reserve drippings.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, combine teriyaki, hoisin, onions, garlic, cumin and pepper. Add beef, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160°, 5-7 minutes on each side. Keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook mushrooms in 2 tablespoon bacon drippings over medium-high heat until golden, 5-7 minutes. Add bok choy to skillet; cook until tender. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, fry eggs in remaining bacon drippings over medium heat until desired doneness. Serve burgers on buns with bacon, bok choy, mushrooms and fried egg. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Green Onion Burgers in Taste of Home April/May 2018