Grilled Greek-Style Zucchini
"I made this dish for my Women's Health Initiative Group at our local university, and everyone just loved it," informs Betty Washburn of Reno, Nevada. "The grilled vegetables pick up a pleasantly mild flavor from the lemon juice and herb seasonings."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, combine the zucchini, tomato, olives and onion. Combine oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic salt and pepper; pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Place on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 23 in. x 18 in.). Fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 51 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Grilled Greek-Style Zucchini in Light & Tasty June/July 2001