Grilled Greek Crostini Topping Recipe
“I got the idea for this quick and easy appetizer while on a vacation in Greece. It’s nice for summer get-togethers.” —Stephanie Proebsting, Barrington, Illinois
- 9 slices tomato
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, cut into six slices
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sliced French bread baguette, toasted
- 1. Arrange three tomato slices in a single layer on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Top with two slices cheese, 1 teaspoon oregano and 1 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle with a dash of pepper. Repeat layers twice.
- 2. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Transfer to a serving platter; serve with toasted baguette. Yield: 8 servings.
1 ounce-weight: 95 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 318mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Greek Crostini Topping
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2011
"This is soo good!"
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC