“I got the idea for this quick and easy appetizer while on a vacation in Greece. It’s nice for summer get-togethers.” —Stephanie Proebsting, Barrington, Illinois
Recommended: 35 Impressive (and Affordable!) Dinner Party Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 9 slices tomato
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, cut into six slices
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sliced French bread baguette, toasted
- Arrange three tomato slices in a single layer on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Top with two slices cheese, 1 teaspoon oregano and 1 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle with a dash of pepper. Repeat layers twice.
- Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Transfer to a serving platter; serve with toasted baguette. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Greek Crostini Topping in Taste of Home June/July 2010, p23
Reviews forGrilled Greek Crostini Topping
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2011
"This is soo good!"