Grilled Greek Crostini Topping
“I got the idea for this quick and easy appetizer while on a vacation in Greece. It’s nice for summer get-togethers.” —Stephanie Proebsting, Barrington, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 large vine-ripe tomatoes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 package (8 ounces) feta cheese, halved lengthwise
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- Ground pepper
- Sliced French bread baguette, toasted
- Arrange a third of the tomato slices in a single layer on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Place half of the cheese over tomatoes; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon oregano and drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle with a dash of pepper. Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining tomato slices. Drizzle with remaining oil and sprinkle with remaining oregano and a dash of pepper. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Transfer to a serving platter; serve with toasted baguette.
Nutrition Facts1 ounce-weight: 95 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 318mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Greek Crustini in Taste of Home June/July 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.