“I got the idea for this quick and easy appetizer while on a vacation in Greece. It’s nice for summer get-togethers.” —Stephanie Proebsting, Barrington, Illinois
Recommended: 35 Impressive (and Affordable!) Dinner Party Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 large vine-ripe tomatoes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 package (8 ounces) feta cheese, halved lengthwise
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- Ground pepper
- Sliced French bread baguette, toasted
- Arrange a third of the tomato slices in a single layer on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Place half of the cheese over tomatoes; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon oregano and drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle with a dash of pepper. Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining tomato slices. Drizzle with remaining oil and sprinkle with remaining oregano and a dash of pepper. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Transfer to a serving platter; serve with toasted baguette. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Greek Crostini Topping in Taste of Home June/July 2010, p23
Reviews forGrilled Greek Crostini Topping
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2011
"This is soo good!"