- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 pounds fresh or frozen chicken drumettes, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until juices run clear, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews forGrilled Glazed Drummies
"Wonderful recipe and so easy to make!"
"My youngest son (12yo) really liked it. I too liked it and will be making it again."
"This recipe was just okay for my family. I'm glad I tried it, but I probably won't make it again."
"made drummies and bone-less, skin-less breast, added a little chili powder. excellent. even better cold."
"Made this for a family get together. Sooo good. I added some chili pepper sauce for a little bit of kick."
"i made this last night for a church supper. my husband does not like buffalo wings, so thought i would try this. after tasting the marinade added some fresh ground black pepper and a few shakes of garlic-flavored habenaro hot sauce. delicious! only had one piece left. i also baked for 30 minutes instead of grilling."
"Super yummy! We made this with chicken legs and boneless/skinless breasts. Marinated for 6 hours. Sooooo good! My young boys loved it as well!"