Grilled Ginger Pork Tenderloin
Michelle Sanders of Fraser Lake, British Columbia says that this pork tenderloin is absolutely delicious and great for entertaining. Why? The quick prep is done ahead of time, and the grilling is so simple. "This dish is fool-proof!” she adds.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain pork and discard marinade. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 25-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 214 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Gingered Pork Tenderloin in Healthy Cooking April/May 2008