Grilled Garden Veggies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed, divided
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon oil over a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 24 in. x 12 in.). Combine the onion, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon rosemary; spoon over foil. Top with zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms and tomato; drizzle with the remaining oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and remaining rosemary.
- Fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 61 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 9, 2015
Love this dish on the days we grill. When everybody goes for dessert I go and clean up on the left overs if there are any.
Apr 10, 2014
I've been doing this for years, I do add in bite size chopped potato's, red, yellow, and green bell pepper. No Rosemary... I use scallion or sweet onions instead of chopped yellow onions. I spritz it with spray margarine and about a 1/2 tsp of worsteshire sauce not shaker salt.. only pepper season to taste. I lay it over wild rice or rice pilaf delish and enjoy a light meal.
May 20, 2013
I don't like mushrooms, but decided that I would add them because my hubby loves them. I thought I would pick them out, but the recipe was so fantastic, and the taste was so good, I had to eat them. I would not change a thing with this recipe. It was AWESOME and I will definitely make it again. So full of flavor!
Oct 7, 2011
These packets are so easy to throw on the grill, along side some meat or seafood. They are very tasty and you can adjust the seasonings to your liking. I like using grape tomatoes in mine.
Sep 26, 2011
We love rosemary but this is just to strong. I have made these before using Italian Dressing instead of the rosemary. We are going to stick to that.
Jul 29, 2011
I make this frequently only using spicy steak seasoning instead of the salt and pepper. I use a pint of grape or cherry tomatoes instead of cutting a large tomato into pieces. I also put my veggies in a grill basket and grill them directly on the grill grate. This way they really grill instead of steaming in the foil.