Pile on the veggies—this crisp, grilled crust can take it! This colorful, healthy pizza looks as fresh as it tastes. —Diane Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas
Recommended: 15 Ways to Make Pizza on the Grill
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium red onion, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large sweet red pepper, halved, stemmed and seeded
- 1 small zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 yellow summer squash, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin whole wheat pizza crust
- 3 tablespoons jarred roasted minced garlic
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup torn fresh basil
- Brush vegetables with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat until tender, 4-5 minutes per side for onion and pepper, 3-4 minutes per side for zucchini and squash.
- Separate onion into rings; cut pepper into strips. Spread pizza crust with garlic; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Top with grilled vegetables, then remaining cheese.
- Grill pizza, covered, over medium heat until bottom is golden brown and cheese is melted, 5-7 minutes. Top with basil. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Garden Veggie Pizza in Simple & Delicious August/September 2017