Grilled Garden Pizza
Dazzle your family and friends with pizzas fresh off the grill. We top them with Asiago, Parmesan, veggies and fresh basil. Pile on the toppings you love. —Teri Rasey, Cadillac, Michigan
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, divide dough in half. Roll or press each to 1/4-in. thickness; place each on a greased sheet of foil (about 10 in. square). Brush tops with 1 tablespoon oil.
- 2. Carefully invert crusts onto a grill rack, removing foil. Brush tops with remaining oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat until bottom is golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Remove from grill; reduce grill temperature to low.
- 3. Top grilled sides of crusts with Parmesan or Asiago cheese, tomatoes, corn, onion and mozzarella cheese. Grill, covered, on low heat until cheese is melted, 4-6 minutes. Sprinkle with spinach and basil.
1 piece: 375 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 680mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Aug 9, 2017
Fast, delicious. Definitely a great "clean out the veggie drawer" summer meal!
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC