- 2 Cornish game hens (1-1/2 pounds each), split lengthwise
- 1/2 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash pepper
- Place hens in a large resealable plastic bag. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour half of into bag; seal and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from hens. Place hens in a 13-in. x 9-in. disposable aluminum pan. Pour reserved marinade over hens; cover pan. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently. Place hens directly over heat for the last 3-4 minutes of cooking time, turning once. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Game Hens
"I have a new BBQ and I'm not very good at grilling outdoors either. This recipe is fabulous. It was 104 today and I had to cook cornish hens that were taken out of the freezer 2 days ago. So I found this recipe & Walla I went to work. The marinade was simple and only had to marinate for 1 hour. Most are 4 hrs to overnight. I fiddled with the new BBQ and the recipe was very forgiving. The marinade from the BBQ was great. My husband and I give it a 5 star rating. Definitely a keeper. Thanks Kriss"