We pile veggies onto flatbread for a fun way to eat healthier. Our go-to recipe for weeknights easily changes with different veggies or meats. —Darla Andrews, Lewisville, Texas
Featured In: 35 Easy Grilling Recipes Anyone Can Master
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach (about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 naan flatbreads or 4 whole pita breads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and green pepper; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until tender. Add spinach, salt and pepper; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Brush both sides of flatbreads with oil. Grill flatbreads, covered, over medium heat 2-3 minutes on one side or until lightly browned.
- Remove from grill. Spread grilled sides with pesto; top with vegetable mixture, tomatoes and cheese. Return to grill; cook, covered, 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut pizzas in half before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Flatbread Veggie Pizza in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Reviews forGrilled Flatbread Veggie Pizza
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2018
"Love this recipe - who doesn't like pizza any way - but this is actually healthy and gets the old veggies into my kiddos -"