Grilled Flank Steak Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (3/4 pound)
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 plum tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 green onions, cut into 1-inch strips
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup into a shallow dish; add steak and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for dressing.
- Drain and discard marinade from steak. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 11-12 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Cut across the grain into thin slices.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the greens, tomato, radishes, celery, onions and beef. Drizzle with reserved marinade; toss to coat.
Apr 15, 2012
This is an amazing salad. Even my kids love it and requested it again. I have served this for company and always get lots of comments.
Mar 9, 2009
My family tried this for dinner tonight. Everyone loved it. I omitted the radish and added avocado,yellow bell pepper, & cilantro.I also cheated & used frozen pre-cooked fajita meat,which saved on time. The dressing is a great compliment to this salad. Will definitely add to my favorite recipe book.