Grilled Flank Steak Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (3/4 pound)
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 plum tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 green onions, cut into 1-inch strips
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup into a shallow dish; add steak and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for dressing.
- Drain and discard marinade from steak. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 11-12 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Cut across the grain into thin slices.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the greens, tomato, radishes, celery, onions and beef. Drizzle with reserved marinade; toss to coat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 15, 2012
This is an amazing salad. Even my kids love it and requested it again. I have served this for company and always get lots of comments.
Mar 9, 2009
My family tried this for dinner tonight. Everyone loved it. I omitted the radish and added avocado,yellow bell pepper, & cilantro.I also cheated & used frozen pre-cooked fajita meat,which saved on time. The dressing is a great compliment to this salad. Will definitely add to my favorite recipe book.