I season these fish fillets with lime juice and lemon pepper before grilling them. A simple honey mustard-mayonnaise sauce puts the sandwiches ahead of the rest.
Recommended: 33 Fast Food Copycat Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cod fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- Brush both sides of fillets with lime juice; sprinkle with lemon pepper. Grill fillets, covered, on an oiled rack over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat until fish flakes easily with a fork, 4-5 minutes on each side.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard and honey. Spread over the bottom of each bun. Top with a fillet, lettuce and tomato; replace bun tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Fish Sandwiches in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p46