Grilled Fig and Honey Pizza
I had figs I needed to use up, so I made a batch of dough, tossed the figs on the grill and created a scrumptious dessert pizza. —Aaron Reynolds, Fox River Grove, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Grill: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/8 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup honey, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sliced fresh or dried figs
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, yeast, salt and 1 cup flour. In a small saucepan, heat water and oil to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 10-in. circle. Transfer dough to a piece of heavy-duty foil (18x12-in. rectangle) coated with cooking spray; spritz dough. Refrigerate, covered, 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup honey and cinnamon until smooth.
- Carefully invert dough onto grill rack; peel off foil. Grill, covered, over low heat 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn; grill 1-2 minutes longer. Remove from grill to a baking sheet. Spread with cream cheese mixture. Top with figs. Return pizza to grill; grill, covered, 5-7 minutes longer or until crust is lightly browned and toppings are heated through. Drizzle with remaining honey.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.