- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick and 1 pound)
- 3/4 cup diced zucchini
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup picante sauce
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons lime juice, oil and garlic; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For pico de gallo, in a small bowl, combine the zucchini, tomato, picante sauce and remaining lime juice; set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Thinly slice steak across the grain; place on tortillas. Top with pico de gallo; roll up and serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Fajitas with Pico de Gallo
"pico de gallo is cilantro, tomato, onion, and some jalapeno or serrano pepper all diced up and mixed together in a bowl with a squeeze of lime juice.. NO ZUCCHINI"