My family was tired of eating the same fajitas, so I whipped up this recipe. I like it with chipotle, but a black pepper marinade also works well. —Crystal Jo Bruns, Iliff, Colorado
Recommended: 30 Grilled Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 beef sirloin tip steak (1 inch thick and 1 pound)
- 1 cup chipotle marinade
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen pepper strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Flatten steak to 1/4-in. thickness. Pour marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- In a large skillet, saute pepper strips in oil until tender. Remove from the heat. Drain and discard marinade from steak. Spread cream cheese over steak to within 1 in. of edges. Top with half of the peppers. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; tie with kitchen string.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), turning occasionally. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Discard toothpicks. Serve with remaining pepper strips. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Fajita Rolled Steak in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012, p58
Reviews forGrilled Fajita Rolled Steak
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 11, 2013
"This was a bit of a weird taste."