- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded plum tomato
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 8 slices eggplant (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh basil or parsley, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette and garlic powder until combined. Stir in feta, cucumber, tomato and onion. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- Brush eggplant with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until tender. Top eggplant with feta mixture. If desired, sprinkle with basil. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Eggplant with Feta relish
"I like the idea of your recipe but it is not Vegan because feta cheese has a "face" as my Vegan friends would tell me. Recipes sounds tasty to me."