VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 ciabatta rolls, split
- 4 slices eggplant (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 medium heirloom tomato, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, softened
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- Mix oil and garlic; brush onto cut sides of rolls and both sides of vegetables. Sprinkle vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Grill eggplant, covered, over medium heat, until tender, 4-5 minutes per side. Grill tomato, covered, until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes per side. Grill rolls, cut side down, until toasted, 1-2 minutes.
- Spread roll bottoms with goat cheese. Top with basil, eggplant and tomato; close sandwiches. Yield: 2 servings
Originally published as Grilled Eggplant Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious August/September 2017