Grilled Curry Pork Chops with Apricot Sauce
A little curry powder and a pinch of cilantro take this best-loved flavor combo—pork chops with apricot—in a whole new direction. The recipe's so easy and so fantastic, frequent requests are a sure bet. —Julie Hanson, Charleston, Maine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1 cup canned apricot halves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, mix preserves and curry powder; brush over pork chops. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°, turning occasionally. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix sauce ingredients. Serve pork chops with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 3 tablespoons sauce: 334 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Apricot-Glazed Pork Loin Chops in Simple & Delicious August/September 2014