- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Pierce chicken liberally with a fork, then make 1/2-in.-deep diagonal cuts, about 1 in. apart, in the meat. Place in a large resealable plastic bag or a glass 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside. In a blender or food processor, combine yogurt, onion, garlic, curry, paprika, salt if desired and red pepper; process until smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup for basting; cover and chill. Pour remaining mixture over chicken; turn to coat. Cover or close bag and refrigerate for at least 8 hours. Drain, discarding marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium coals, turning and basting with reserved yogurt mixture every 5 minutes, for 30-40 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Curry Chicken
"Not great at all. Flavor not good, chicken sticks to grill horribly. Will definitely not make again."