Grilled Curried Salmon
"This grilled salmon has a wonderful flavor from the simple seasonings," says Carma Blosser. "It is actually the only way I like salmon."—Carma Blosser, Livermore, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 6 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash Liquid Smoke, optional
- Sprinkle fillets with lemon-pepper, garlic powder and curry powder. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, butter, Worcestershire sauce and Liquid Smoke if desired; add the salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Drain and discard marinade.
- Place salmon skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 381 calories, 25g fat (7g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 1222mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Curried Salmon in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008