Grilled Corn with Thyme
The simple addition of thyme and lemon juice brings a unique flavor to corn. Grilled in the husks, the kernels are moist and tender. —Frieda Bliesner, Adell, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + soaking Grill: 25 min.
- 4 large ears sweet corn in husks
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottoms; remove silk. Combine the remaining ingredients; spread over corn. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string. Place in a Dutch oven; cover with cold water. Soak for 20 minutes; drain.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning often.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 199 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Corn in Husks in Reminisce August/September 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.