- 6 medium ears sweet corn in husks
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Soak corn in cold water for 1 hour. In a small bowl, combine the butter, chives, sugar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottom; remove silk. Brush with butter mixture. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string.
- Grill corn, uncovered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes, turning occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Corn with Chive Butter
"I added the compound butter mixture to corn that had been boiled since I rarely use a grill. I used lemon pepper seasoning in place of the lemon juice since I had no juice in the house. Next time I think I will reduce or eliminate the sugar--not sure--because when one is eating sweet corn, does it really need sugar on top? I will use this recipe again."
"Everyone loved it. Nice change on grilled corn. I put the foil down on the grill and brushed it with the butter mixture as suggested by a previous review. It turned out great."
"My family loves grilled corn and everyone liked the addition of the chives."
"This definitely put a spin on grilled corn! Make sure that you make some extra Chive Butter for later. I loved this recipe! Will definitely be putting this in my recipe book!"
"I wrapped the corn in foil to make the preparation faster & easier & it turned out delicious!"
"I wrapped the corn in foil instead of re-wrapping it in the husks, and it turned out fine. Very tender, moist and flavorful! Yum!"
"Excellent!! Soaked the corn in the husks for one hour. Then, cleaned the corn of the husk and silk. Placed on aluminum foil on the gas grill. Continuously brushing with the butter mixture, and rotating the corn until finished. Absolutely superb!!"
"I use lime rather than lemon juice and add some chili powder. Extremely delicious!"
"Made it exactly how the recipe said and it was sooo good! Have made it again 3 times so far this summer!"
"Made this just as directed and I was wonderful!!! Used the extra butter mixture at the table to put on corn."