Lime juice lends a tartness to this colorful salsa - a zippy mixture of corn, sweet red pepper, red onion and jalapeno peppers. With its great grilled flavor, this chunky dip is perfect for summer gatherings and patio parties. Lori Fiock of Warren, Indiana shared the recipe.
Recommended: 35 Easy Grilling Recipes Anyone Can Master
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 ears fresh corn
- 1 large sweet red pepper, quartered and seeded
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divded
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped*
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Baked tortilla chips
- Brush corn and red pepper with 2 teaspoons oil. Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Grill corn, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until tender, turning often. Grill red pepper over indirect medium heat for 5 minutes on each side. Cool.
- Cut corn from cobs and dice the red pepper; place in a bowl. Add the onion, jalapenos, lime juice, salt and remaining oil; toss to coat. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Grilled Corn Salsa in Taste of Home August/September 2004, p45