This colorful relish is a great way to get kids to eat their veggies. It's an instant upgrade for hot dogs! —Ellen Riley, Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Featured In: 75 Delicious Ways to Eat Corn on (and off) the Cob
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large sweet red pepper
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 5 tablespoons honey Dijon vinaigrette, divided
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut red pepper lengthwise in half; remove seeds. Grill red pepper and corn, covered, over medium heat 10-15 minutes or until tender, turning and basting occasionally with 3 tablespoons vinaigrette.
- Remove corn from cobs and chop red pepper; transfer to a small bowl. Add green onions, pepper, salt and remaining vinaigrette; toss to combine. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Grilled Corn Relish in Simple & Delicious June/July 2013, p36