- 4 large ears sweet corn in husks
- 2 cups cooked medium tube pasta
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/3 cup basil vinegar (recipe also in Recipe Finder)
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grill corn in husks, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until tender, turning often. Cool. Cut corn off the cob; place in a large bowl. Add pasta, tomatoes, zucchini and olives. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad and stir gently. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Corn Pasta Salad
"I fixed this recipe as written and it was delicious. I used whole grain pasta."
"You can roast veggies in the oven any where between 425 to 500 for 25 to 30 min.s"
"I roast corn on the cob in the oven all the time and it takes almost like the gas grill. I leave the husks on (after removing the silk) but I don't tie this together with string. I soak the ears for 20 minutes in cold water and then bake. I'm sure this would work for this salad which sounds wonderful!"
"When you soak the corn in water and then grill it wrapped in the husks, aren't you just steaming it? When I grill it, I strip off the husks, spread butter or oil on it, and let it grill to a delicate brown to carmalize the kernels."
"I don't have a grill and wonder what temp you would roast them in the oven????"