VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 medium ears sweet corn
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottom; remove silk. Brush with 1 tablespoon oil. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string. Place in a Dutch oven; cover with cold water. Soak for 20 minutes; drain.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until husks are blackened and corn is tender, turning often. Cool.
- Cut corn from cobs; place in a large bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Chill until serving. Yield: 7 cups.
Originally published as Grilled Corn and Tomato Salsa in TasteofHome.com 2017