Grilled Cordon-Bleu Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 slices deli ham (3/4 ounce each)
- Cut a pocket in each chop by slicing almost to the bone; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the water, ketchup, vinegar, onion, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic powder and mustard. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place a cheese slice on each slice of ham; roll up jelly-roll style. Insert into each pocket; secure with toothpicks.
- Grill pork chops, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Discard toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 478 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 810mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 48g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 21, 2014
My husband is not one for trying things new. But I told him in the Summer I love trying new recipes on the grill. Well he tried one tonight, and he loved it. Told me I can make it again and again.