Grilled Citrus Steak
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 40 min.
- 2/3 cup reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 pounds boneless beef top round steak (2 inches thick)
- In a large bowl, combine the orange marmalade, soy sauce, lemon juice and oil. Pour 1 cup marinade into a shallow dish. Score the surface of the steak with shallow diagonal cuts, making diamond shapes. Add the steak to the marinade and turn to coat; cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill beef, covered, over direct medium-hot heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Place beef over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 25-30 minutes longer or until beef reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 243 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 337mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 3, 2017
This is a delicious entree! I cut the recipe in half and used a choice sirloin strip steak. DH cooked it in a cast iron skillet. The marmalade marinade gave the steak a wonderful crust and a light citrus flavor. We enjoyed it with a large salad tossed with blue cheese dressing...a perfect match for a light and satisfying meal. It's a keeper, folks!
Jul 6, 2012
My kids loved this! Husband wasent to to fond of it but still thought it was good. I enjoyed it. You can realy taste the orange. If your a fan of orange chicken then youll love this!!