- 2/3 cup reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 pounds boneless beef top round steak (2 inches thick)
- In a bowl, combine the orange marmalade, soy sauce, lemon juice and oil; mix well. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Score the surface of the steak with shallow diagonal cuts, making diamond shapes. Add the steak to the marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 6-8 hours, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill for indirect heat. Drain and discard marinade from beef. Grill beef, covered, over direct medium-hot heat for 6-8 minutes or until browned, turning once. Place beef over indirect heat and continue grilling for 25-30 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°.), basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Citrus Steak
"This is a delicious entree! I cut the recipe in half and used a choice sirloin strip steak. DH cooked it in a cast iron skillet. The marmalade marinade gave the steak a wonderful crust and a light citrus flavor. We enjoyed it with a large salad tossed with blue cheese dressing...a perfect match for a light and satisfying meal. It's a keeper, folks!"
"My kids loved this! Husband wasent to to fond of it but still thought it was good. I enjoyed it. You can realy taste the orange. If your a fan of orange chicken then youll love this!!"