- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped plus 1/4 cup adobo sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- CILANTRO CREAM SAUCE:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- In a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, chipotles, adobo sauce, garlic, water, lime juice, oil and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; cool completely.
- Transfer mixture to a large resealable plastic bag. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients; chill until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Serve with sauce. Yield: about 5 dozen (1-1/4 cups sauce).
Reviews forGrilled Chipotle Shrimp
"Did not care for the shrimp at all; very disappointed given all the great reviews. But the dipping sauce is killer. Will be using that in other recipes."
"Definite WOW factor here! This is our favorite appetizer for parties! Everyone loves them!"
"This recipe so good...Husband loved it!!"
"The shrimp had a really nice kick to them and it was delicious. I did mine on the grill and it was perfect. I will definitely make it for future BBQs"
"Everyone LOVED these...couldn't make enough!"
"This is a fantastic recipe! We make it for every cookout and it always impresses!! Definitely a dish that impresses!"
"It was delicious, the shrimp had so much flavor, it was a fantastic marinade. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Not sure which I like better, the shrimp or the sauce! Both are favs."
"Not sure which I like better, the shrimp or the sauce! Both are favs"
"This is a fabulous recipe! The marinade gives the shrimp heat and the wonderful dipping sauce cools them down. This is perfect and I wouldn't change a thing."