- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small yellow summer squash, finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large portobello mushroom cap, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large poblano peppers, halved and seeded
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, lime juice and 1/4 cup cilantro. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until onion is tender. Add the yellow squash, zucchini and jalapeno; cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add mushroom; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, 1-1/2 cups cheese, corn, cumin, salt, pepper and remaining cilantro. Remove from the heat. Spoon into pepper halves; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place peppers over pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 10-14 minutes or until tender. Serve with sour cream sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Chiles Rellenos
"The best vegetarian meal I've had!"
"Fantastic! Everyone loved this dish and agreed that there are so many variations that would be excellent!"
"This recipe does take some time to prep but it is worth it."