Grilled Chicken with Herbed Stuffing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat 2 teaspoons butter. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Stir in bread crumbs, parsley, 1/8 teaspoon salt, marjoram and thyme.
- Cut a pocket in the thickest part of each chicken breast. Fill with bread crumb mixture; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle chicken with remaining salt. In a microwave, melt remaining butter; stir in lemon peel.
- Place chicken on greased grill rack. Grill over medium heat 6-9 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink, brushing occasionally with butter mixture during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Discard toothpicks before serving.
Jan 19, 2014
I usually pick Taste of Home recipes based on the reviews. This one seemed like it had the ingredients for a tasty dinner, so despite no other reviews, I went ahead and tried it. Very simple, the flavors were good, and I would make it again. The reason for four stars was simply that the flavor was tasty- not over the top delicious. I encourage you to try it- it at least changes up the chicken routine. I baked mine at 350 for about 35-40 mins. The lemon also adds a nice touch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.