Grilled Chicken with Chutney
My husband didn't like plums until he tasted them cooked with peaches, dried cranberries and spices in this robust chutney. It wakes up just about any kind of meat-chicken breasts to pork tenderloin. —Gilda Lester, Millsboro, Delaware
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + cooling Grill: 10 min.
- 3 medium plums, chopped
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups chopped peeled peaches
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Tex-Mex chili seasoning mix
- Red leaf lettuce
- Additional chopped jalapenos, optional
- For chutney, in a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the peaches, onion, mustard and jalapeno. Cool to room temperature.
- Brush chicken with oil; sprinkle with chili seasoning mix. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Slice chicken; serve on lettuce leaves with chutney. Sprinkle with additional jalapenos if desired.