- 1 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- BLACK BEAN SALSA:
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. Pour 2/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1-2 hours. Reserve remaining marinade for basting. In a small bowl, combine salsa ingredients; toss to combine.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 4 minutes. Serve with salsa. Yield: 5 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Chicken with Black Bean Salsa
"Wonderful! Made as-is. Simple and flavorful."
"My husband and I had this w/ quinoa and grilled zucchini- Delicious. This is a great easy, healthy recipe that is definitely a go-to for busy week nights."