Grilled Chicken with Black Bean Salsa
Black bean salsa with mango gives this dish a Mexican taste without too much heat. I like to slice the chicken and serve it over a long grain and wild rice mix. —Terri Clouse, Connoquenessing, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- BLACK BEAN SALSA:
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. Pour 2/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1-2 hours. Reserve remaining marinade for basting. In a small bowl, combine salsa ingredients; toss to combine.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 4 minutes. Serve with salsa.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup salsa: 266 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Chicken Adobe with Black Bean Salsa in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2009
Jun 29, 2014
Wonderful! Made as-is. Simple and flavorful.
Sep 7, 2011
My husband and I had this w/ quinoa and grilled zucchini- Delicious. This is a great easy, healthy recipe that is definitely a go-to for busy week nights.