My husband loves the chicken sausages so I am always tryng new recipes with them. The flavors of fall were used in this recipe and this easy 5 ingredient supper is so quick,inexpensive,healthy and delicious. We prefer the apple flavored sausages but any flavor would work well.
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen cooked winter squash, thawed and drained well
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked apple chicken sausage links or flavor of your choice
- Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Add squash and simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat. Stir in cranberries; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Grill sausages, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until heated through, turning often. Slice sausages and serve with rice mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Chicken Sausages with Harvest Rice in Simple & Delicious October/November 2012, p27
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Chicken Sausages with Harvest Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review