Grilled Chicken Sausages with Harvest Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen cooked winter squash, thawed and drained well
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked apple chicken sausage links or flavor of your choice
- Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Add squash and simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat. Stir in cranberries; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Grill sausages, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until heated through, turning often. Slice sausages and serve with rice mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 421 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 911mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 5g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 1, 2014
What a unique set of ingredients! I'll bet the combination of cranberries and apple are lovely. I think I'll use fresh winter squash in small cubes for better texture and contrast though.
Apr 17, 2013