Grilled Chicken Salad with Warm Mustard Dressing
"This tasty salad is fast to assemble, and cleanup's a breeze," assures Dawn Davidson of Thornton, Ontario. "Serve with the warmed dressing and crusty bread or rolls, and you have a complete meal that the whole family is sure to love."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 large red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 10 cups torn romaine
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place half in a saucepan and set aside. Brush remaining vinaigrette over chicken and onion rings.
- Grill chicken and onion, covered, over medium heat for 12 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Cut chicken into 1/2-in. slices.
- In a large bowl or on salad plates, layer the romaine, onion, chicken, red pepper and cheese. Heat the reserved vinaigrette; drizzle over salad.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 126 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Chicken Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.