Grilled Chicken Salad with Carrots and Chow Mein Noodles
Carrots and chow mein noodles add crunch to well-seasoned chicken in this hearty main-dish salad. "I love using my George Foreman grill for this meal," reports Rachelle Eskew of Umpire, Arkansas.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2-1/2 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, cut into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chow mein noodles
- 1/4 cup fat-free dressing of your choice
- Mix the seasonings; rub over chicken. Grill chicken on an indoor grill coated with cooking spray for 3-4 minutes or until juices run clear. In two bowls, arrange the greens, tomato, carrot, cheese and noodles. Top with chicken and dressing.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with McCormick’s Montreal Steak Seasoning. Look for it in the spice aisle.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 278 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 857mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Grilled Chicken Salad in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.