Grilled Chicken Salad for Two
Perfect for two, this pretty entree salad features strips of hearty grilled chicken. Tomato, dried cranberries, olives and walnuts add wonderful flavor to each forkful.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Divide salad greens between two serving plates; top with tomato, cranberries, cheese, olives, onions and walnuts. Slice chicken; arrange over salads. Serve with Italian dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 383 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 776mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 5g fiber), 42g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Feb 12, 2014
I changed the recipe a bit by using 4 oz of chicken per person and I broiled it instead of grilling. I think next time I will omit the tomato and use carrots. I used a Vidalia onion dressing instead of Italian...the recipe was very good.