Grilled Chicken Pasta Salad for Two
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (6 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup Parmesan peppercorn ranch salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle the chicken with lemon-pepper.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Cut into 1-in. cubes.
- Drain pasta. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chicken, broccoli, red pepper, red onion, salad dressing, cheese and lemon juice; toss to coat. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 300 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 488mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein.
Oct 12, 2019
Made it and love it, I'll be making this recipe for the rest of my life! I added some feta cheese and used citrus and here seasoned chicken and a few pinches of chopped onion. I also sauteed the onions, sweet pepper and broccoli with the chicken to give more flavor.
Jun 14, 2010
It's ok, nothing great. There are so many other salad recipes similar to this only with more flavor that I would not recommend this one.