Grilled Chicken on Greens with Citrus Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomato, onion, peppers and cheese; divide among eight plates. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces; place over salad. Serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 380 calories, 31g fat (8g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 326mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Apr 26, 2012
I liked it. my husband did not. but he is not really a "salad" type of guy. the dressing was delicious and would be great as a dressing on a burger or on grilled chicken. I liked the different textures and freshness of this salad.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.