Grilled Chicken on Greens with Citrus Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomato, onion, peppers and cheese; divide among eight plates. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces; place over salad. Serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 380 calories, 31g fat (8g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 326mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 26, 2012
I liked it. my husband did not. but he is not really a "salad" type of guy. the dressing was delicious and would be great as a dressing on a burger or on grilled chicken. I liked the different textures and freshness of this salad.