Grilled Chicken Cucumber Salad
“I often increase this quick and light yet nourishing grilled salad to serve company,” notes Patricia Vatta of Norwood, Ontario.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup cucumber ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 medium apple, cored and cut into 1/4-inch rings
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1-1/4 cups sliced cucumber
- In a small bowl, combine salad dressing and dill. Pour 1/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 20 minutes. Refrigerate remaining dressing.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Keep warm.
- Brush 1 tablespoon dressing over apple rings; grill for 1 minute on each side. Divide salad greens and cucumber between two serving plates. Slice chicken; arrange chicken and apple rings over greens. Serve with remaining dressing.