Layered desserts always grab my family’s attention, but salads? Not so much. I wondered if I could get everyone on board by presenting a healthy salad in an eye-catching way. I’m happy to say that it worked. —Christine Hadden, Whitman, Massachusetts
Featured In: 30 Quick Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes or Less
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 6 tablespoons zesty Italian salad dressing, divided
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1 medium red onion, quartered
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1 bunch romaine, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- Additional salad dressing, optional
- In a bowl, toss chicken with 4 tablespoons dressing. Brush zucchini and onion with remaining 2 tablespoons dressing.
- Place corn, zucchini and onion on a grill rack over medium heat; close lid. Grill zucchini and onion 2-3 minutes on each side or until tender. Grill corn 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Cut corn from cobs; cut zucchini, onion and chicken into bite-size pieces. In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or other glass bowl, layer romaine, cucumber, grilled vegetables and chicken. If desired, serve with additional dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Chicken Chopped Salad in Simple & Delicious August/September 2016
Reviews forGrilled Chicken Chopped Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review